The Vice Dean, Asia Europe Business School of ECNU (jointly operated by ECNU and emlyon business school).
To be responsible for single degree Graduate, Undergraduate programs of emlyon business school at AEBS, certificate programs and some double degree programs with ECNU. Report to Co-Deans of AEBS but mainly trusted by French Co-Dean. The Vice Dean’s personnel affiliation will be in ECNU and sign the contract of employment with ECNU.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
✔ Ensure the reach of fixed annual objective, and at the same time, prepare for the mid-term strategic programs. Manage programs and assure qualities.
✔ Responsible for the P&L (budgeting, cost controlling), contribute to the financial performance.
✔ Represent the AEBS and French Co-Dean by:
● Effectively interfacing with organizations and groups to further the mission and strategy of the schools;
● Participate meetings, conferences, and events on behalf of the French Co-Dean and the College up to 10% of the time.
Tasks included but not limited to:
A. Program development (50%):
● Double degree programs with different schools in ECNU, in the following fields: Quantitative Finance, IDEA - Innovation Design Entrepreneurship Art, Data management, Sport, High-end Brand management, etc., with the possible extension to the high school program.
● The capacity to explore new programsin the scope of undergraduate and graduate programs.
In the mid-term, supervise the work of Director of Executive Education (this poste needs to be created), under the management of the Vice Dean, for the development of:
● Single degree programs from emlyon: DBA, MBA, MSc (in High End Brand management), Asian study campus program, etc.
● Executive Development Programs (EDP)
B. Program management and quality assurance (20%)
● Assisting in an ongoing long-term and strategic planning on program development, including the development of goals and objectives that will ensure excellence in all missions of the AEBS (teaching, research, outreach, and service), will enhance the reputation of the AEBS.
● Ensure quality of program delivery, by working closely and collaboratively with academic directors, deans, associate deans, faculty, staff and students. For Executive Education programs, some ways of interaction with program participants is necessary.
C. Resource management (20%)
● Providing administrative oversight and management of the faculty and staff recruitment, development, retention process of this unite, in close association with HR,and Co-Deans of AEBS.
● Assisting in determination of needs for facilities (IT, hard ware, software)
D. Communication (10%)
● Promote the culture of AEBS.
● Internal communication: assure appropriate two-way communication with ECNU partners, with a very deep understanding on Sino-foreign cross cultural communication skill; the smooth communication with French Co-Dean.
● Directing emlyon Asia accreditation efforts, including preparation of accreditation document, coordination of review process, and coordination of the site team visit.
Report line:Co-Deans of AEBS.
Work type:full time
Note: This job description may be subject to revision following discussion with the person appointed and forms part of the contract of employment. Percentage above is the weight of priority and work load.
To be the right fit for this role, you'll the following qualifications
PhD degree, at least 8 years' relevant experience in the higher education industry;
Fluent in English and Chinese; French is a plus. Experience of Sino-foreign cooperation, and evidence of successful consensus building;
Proven program development track record, especially programs in the business/management filed. Ability to deliver results;
Proven high-level project management skills;
Proven people management skills (managing and developing a team and projects; Collegiate and effective team player);
Good academic management skills (course design, lecturer assessment and etc.);
Office software skill, including the ability to use related software, databases;
Spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship (“early makers”);
Great attention to detail, with a particular and a demonstrated commitment to quality assurance;
Experience of preparing, managing and controlling annual budgets/resources.
Apply now for an opportunity to be part of our incredible journey
Please send job application with the following documents:
Photo copy of PhD qualifications
Additional Applicant Document
2 letters of recommendation
Please kindly note that all documents should be completed in English and in Word/ PDF format.
Please send application and enquiries to both Ms PAN, email@example.com and Mrs HOU, firstname.lastname@example.org
Email title: “Application Vice Dean AEBS – YOUR FULL NAME”
About Asia Europe Business School
Jointly created by East China Normal University (ECNU) and emlyon business school, AEBS is the unique business school that crafts cross-disciplinary talents. Developed to train global entrepreneurs, AEBS combines the excellence of ECNU in the humanities and social science with emlyon business school's excellence in entrepreneurial management and innovation. AEBS has the ambition to build the future global business leaders and ambassadors of the new Silk Road, combing Eastern and Western wisdom, best management practices, and a high level of social responsibility.
About East China Normal University
Founded in Shanghai in October 1951, East China Normal University (ECNU) is one of the most prestigious universities in China and is sponsored by the national programs “Project 211” and “Project 985”. As a multi-discipline university, ECNU has 3 faculties, 30 schools and 58 departments with 4,643 faculty members.
About emlyon Business School
• Founded in 1872, one of Europe’s leading business schools
• 5 campus: Lyon, Saint Étienne, Shanghai, Casablanca, Paris
• 5,750 students in graduate programmes, 80 nationalities represented
• 5,500 participants in executive education programmes each year
• A network of 29,000 alumni in 118 countries
• 156 foreign partners (universities or business schools)
• Belongs to the 1% business schools in the world which have the Triple Accreditation: EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.